Research & Development at Sulekha
The strength and key thrust of Sulekha has always been its high quality, unique products, developed through its own R&D. In Sulekha, creative work has been undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of man, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise products and applications.
New product design and development is a crucial factor in the survival of a knowledge based SSI unit like Sulekha. In an industry that is changing fast, we continually revise our design and range of products. This is necessary due to continuous technology change and development as well as other competitors and the changing preference of customers.
Sulekha puts the customer needs first and produces high quality goods that are in demand in the market. Market research is carried out, which establishes what we need. Our product range is developed so that production processes are as efficient as possible and the products are technically superior, hence possessing a natural advantage in the market place.
Our R&D has a special economic significance apart from its conventional association with scientific and technological development. Our R&D investment generally reflects our willingness to forego current profit to ensure improved future performance and returns, and our ability to conduct research and development.
Some of our recent developments are:
- We now produce Fountain Pen Ink in eleven exquisite colours, adding three more in its existing range of eight colours.
- A bio-gas plant is being designed for usage in tea gardens.
- The quality of our MagicLine Pens has been improved further by adapting a new nozzle that allows more regulated flow.
- A new product, EazyKlin, meant for utensil cleaning, has been developed and launched in the market.
- Camphora and Pynora have been further improved through extensive R&D.
- A herbal mosquito repellent has been developed which is currently being tested